Sunday, December 20, 2009

Greetings from down under...


Under the snow, that is. Well, we had a crazy snowstorm that dumped 21 inches on our fair city. Needless to say, all plans are on hold until further notice. We had a blast sledding and just walking through this winter wonderland! Mother Nature provided us with the ultimate outdoor Christmas decoration!!! 


We are busy making cookies, playing in the snow, and we even made a gingerbread house (from a kit) yesterday. It was a kit that I bought last year after Christmas...I think it cost me about $3.00. Since they aren't edible, the house kits keep very well in their packaging, so this year, think about grabbing one for next year! It certainly gave us something to do when the blizzard (and it was a blizzard) was blowing in at full force. My youngest and his two buddies did the majority of the decorating (I was delegated to construction). We used the candy in the kit and some stuff we had around the house. As you can see, it turned out to be really "sweet." I'll post my "Creating Christmas Vignettes" blog tomorrow (I was going to post today, but I just had to share my snowy news).  

2 comments:

Molly K said...

So cute! I wonder if 17 is too old for a boy to enjoy putting together a gingerbread house?

Renee said...

You never know, Molly. It depends on the day, the hour, the minute...