Monday, September 12, 2011

The Art of Presentation

Well, I just finished my order of switch plates for the beach house in California. See how productive I was? But, even after the last coat of varnish dried, it wasn't complete.
Packaging and presentation of the finished product is very important for me. I want each of my customers (no matter how small or large their purchase) to feel as if they are opening a gift.


This one was a tedious packaging feat as I had to wrap each plate and outlet cover in bubble wrap to protect the Venetian plaster finish and the added embellishments.


Wrapping each switch plate in gift wrap would have been so much work, so I opted for bubble wrap and ribbons. To make it look extra special, I decided to use some leftover tulle I had from a project. The clear bubble wrap against the soft green tulle made a lovely presentation (if I say so myself).




Speaking of boxes, here's the box I sent Somerset Home magazine when they asked me to send my switch plates for publication. Since it was an art magazine, I decided to go all out and paint the exterior of the box!






Even my little packages get a special treatment...such as these. 
 Sometimes I use vintage hankies to wrap items and other times, tissue and lots of pretty ribbon!

If you have a shop, what do you do special for packaging?


Linking to:
http://makingtheworldcuter.com/2011/09/making-the-world-cuter-monday-37/

10 comments:

Jane said...

The switch plates look gorgeous, your client is going to be so happy!!
I love the extra time and effort you spend with your wrappings. I don't have a shop (yet) but if/when I do open one I'm taking your advice.
Jane

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

The beachy switch plates look wonderful! I love the switch plate you made for me and your presentation was equally pretty. Check out my blog post today!!!

Donna said...

Wow, your switch plates are just gorgeous! I love the Venetian plaster look, and the great embellishments, too! I also really loved what you said about wanting the recipient to feel like they are getting a gift when they open your parcels! That is just how I feel when I package up things from my Etsy shop, too! I always love seeing how others make their parcels special. I like to use colored tissue paper, and I always include a little note card that I've made with a hand written thank you. Oh, and I always add in a little thank you gift, too!! Have a great day:)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love your pretty switch plates and the special way you wrap each one.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Beautiful switch plates. I love your wrapping, so important.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I love your swirch plates also. I found you on the blog Back 2 Vintage

I will keep ready your blog to see other treasures

Janice

Nelly said...

Back to Vintage told me to come here so I did and am so glad I love what you make much better than looking at ugly modern ones thats for sure.

Pam Kessler said...

Popping over from Back To Vintage. I adore the gift wrapping and extra care you do for your items. It really does make them ever so much more special.

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Wow, your switch plates are beautiful!

Andi said...

love the packaging! I definitely spend a good amount of time on packaging and I always try to ad a little small token like a scrabble tile magnet or something small that I made.