Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Decorating for Fall in a White and Gray Room

Autumn brings beautiful warm colors into our lives...while rusts, oranges, bronzes, reds, and browns dominate, when inserted into my white and gray living room, they just looked out of place. Enter: spray paint and dollar store purchases. For a mere $10 (including the real pumpkins on my tray-above), I transformed orange into shades of white and off white. The tiger striped pumpkin is real -- isn't it cool? 


While they aren't traditional autumn colors, I think white and off-white still bring in a touch of fall. Oh, and did you notice, my mirror is finally hanging!
Don't forget, my FALLowers Sale is going on right now. Click here for details.




Visit thecsiproject.comPhotobucket

10 comments:

Connie said...

Aren't you clever! As much as I love autumn colors they don't work in my house either. Now you've inspired me.

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Our pumpkins are usually white too. This looks beautiful!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

I love all the white!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

This is so pretty!

Jane said...

I love the white pumpkins and they look perfect in your room! The mirror looks great too.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Jane

Revi said...

I'm another "blancophile" who's glad to find you. Visiting from White Wednesday at Faded Charm,
-Revi from www.revisionarylife.blogspot.com

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've made several comments lately about wanting white pumpkins...and now you tell me you painted yours! Maybe this is the answer! WOW! I need to try this! ♥

Unknown said...

The simplicity of the white is absolutely perfect. Just beautiful!
Cheryl

Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating said...

I'm with you -- autumn colors don't work with my decor. I have cool shades rather than warm shades. Spray painting is the way to go!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Oh, it looks so nice together! I was thinking of doing all white this year with fall decor but we are redoing our floors this weekend and Halloween decorations might have to be skipped this year (inside the house anyway).