Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Got Scrap Lumber?

Well, I do and since I had the joint compound out for my switch plate project, I worked on some other projects for myself and my etsy shop while the paint, joint compound, and varnish dried.
Here are the French-inspired key holders (now finished) that I showed you in an earlier post. 

I also made a new version of my French laundry sign ... this time with the plaster technique.
Then, I had some scrap wood from my laundry signs so I created some French-inspired wall plaques:

... and a few sweet little, shelf or desk top blocks...all with the plaster technique! I might have plastered my stove if it was close enough! I'll show you the desktop blocks in my next post, okay?
So, yes it was a very productive week, but I still have a hall table and picture frames just waiting to be painted and a mirror waiting to be hung. Sigh, will it ever end?
Visit thecsiproject.com

17 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love these, Renee! I try to use scrap pieces myself when I can before I go buy anything. Love the first one with the hook ~ functional AND pretty always gets me!

Passionate for White said...

Just today came across your blog and am now one of your newest followers. I look forward to going through your archives!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

OH I love all of these! What a great tip using the joint compound for texture!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, ever show how to do things like this?, I just never really sure the supplies I need,techniques etc. Celeste, The Victorian Tailor

Tami said...

They are all adorable!

Blessings,
Tami

ANNE said...

I so love this! Your signs are gorgeous. TFS!!

ANNE said...

PS I'm your newest follower!

Restore and Renew said...

These are beautiful! I am a new follower

Jane said...

Hi Renee,
I have a lot of old door plates and I love this idea!!
You have the plaster technique down! It's a great look on all of these projects.
Jane

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Soo beautiful!I love old hardware, pieces and trinkets too! I really love the new treasures you have created with yours! :) Thanks for linking up at FNF :)

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh my goodness, I love these. Your technique with the plaster is really wonderful! thanks so much for joining in for VIF!
xoxo Debra

Shannon Fox said...

I am loving all the little Qt's you showed. I think I'll head on over to your etsy store now...

PS ~ I found you from the linky party at The Picket Fence =)

Anonymous said...

So, so adorable!!

Kei said...

Those are so cute!

At The Picket Fence said...

What gorgeous creations! I especially love the Frenchy wall plaques. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us this week at Inspiration Friday! We hope to see lots more of you in the future! :-)
Vanessa

The Charm of Home said...

These are beautiful! Love how they turned out. Thank you for linking with Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Andi said...

well you know I love the key holders, love everything else too!!