Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Love/Hate Relationship With A Table


This summer when I found my mantle, I also found this incredible table. Well, it doesn't look that great below, but I had big plans for her. 


She was going to go in my foyer and she was going to be a soft creme, painted with Annie Sloan's chalk paint. I was so pysched to begin work on her, but she had to wait until I painted my hall and finished some projects for my clients. Well, I worked on her gradually and then finished painting it with Old White chalk paint on Friday. I then carefully distressed and waxed it. I loved her. Then...


I put her in the hallway. She didn't look at all the way I pictured her to look. I hated her (I mean I still loved her, but I hated her because it just didn't work). I tried her with a lamp; I tried her with everything; nothing looked good. I immediately listed it in my etsy shop and took a walk.

And, guess what? I sold her. One day. And, to one of my neighbors who saw her right after I posted it! How about that? Well, the table is still in my house because my neighbor is having her floors refinished. So, I have to look at her for a little while, but that's okay. I love her again. My hard work is going to a good home. 


And, speaking of chalk paint, here are some other goodies I painted this weekend:


Linking to: http://shadesofamberinc.blogspot.com/




 

10 comments:

Jamie said...

I think she's beautiful! Glad you found a good home for her :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

ha ha! that is too funny, but glad it all worked and she sure is beautiful!

Passionate for White said...

And perhaps your neighbor will be kind enough to give you visiting rights! :)

Anne said...

Saw this over at Diamond in the Rough... the table looks wonderful! I just tried the chalk paint on my own table... its great, isn't it!

Fishtail Cottage said...

Wow - amazing transformation! love how it turned out! xoox, tracie

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

At least you know it went to a good home and now you have some $$ to buy a new table!
Sarah

Kayla said...

Cute table. Everywhere I look, it's chalk paint. I love it, but I'm REALLY struggling with the sticker shock. Were you able to buy yours locally when you first tried it, or did you just bite the bullet, dish out a wad of cash, and hope you liked it?

Kayla said...

Thank you so much for the help! I've fixed the email issue (I think). Blogger's really throwing this newbie for a loop...so much to learn! I'll have to go through the list and find the best option. Thanks again!

Charlotte Wilson said...

I think it looks great and you can go visit "her" when you want. :o)

♥charlotte

Andi said...

i saw it yesterday but didn't ask about it, no clue there was such a story behind it! So glad it all worked out!