Monday, October 10, 2011

Fun and Finds in New England!

 Just came back from an awesome visit with my son who goes to college just North of Boston.I stayed at a great bed and breakfast -- Kaede in Ipswich, MA, a Japanese fusion B and B. My son plays goalie for the college lacrosse team and so before his game, we went apple picking and scored 10 lbs. for him and his roommates.

I walked around Ipswich, and hit some yard sales while he was at practice, but I had to leave my purchases with my son, though. Honestly, I couldn't carry two wire crates and a huge bag of vintage clothespins on the plane.











While walking I saw the pumpkin below in someone's front yard! I had to touch it to make sure it was real. They must have won a prize for it or something.
Sunday, we went to Boston, poked around Harvard Square and Back Bay, and hit the SOWA Sunday market --great vintage stuff and art!! Love this teddy and pig...just look at the smile on that face!

We enjoyed two restaurants that day...both were so good, and I highly recommend them if you are ever in Boston! First, we went to the Beehive, located at the Center for the Arts, for a Jazz Brunch - very hip.
Then, Addis Red Sea, an authentic Ethiopian restaurant: awesome food and actually, really good beer! When eating Ethiopian food, you use bread instead of utensils...makes for a fun experience!!

The weekend was great, but now I'm exhausted and have an extra busy week ahead of me. By the way, I participating in The DIY Club's 31 Days of Hope. Check it out here.

4 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

What a fun weekend! the Beehive place is my kind of spot.

Andi said...

Looks like you had a great time!! That pumpkin is so cool!

stacie said...

It's China Pig! Love it.

Jane said...

What a wonderful weekend with your son!! Sounds like you didn't let a second go to waste! And that pumpkin....unreal!!
Jane