Sunday, October 2, 2011

Yard Sale Finds ...

Had little time to hit the yard sales this weekend, but I did manage to sneak in a few. On Saturday, I found this pretty mirror which looks good as is, but I do think it's kind of screaming for a new color of paint...what do you think? Something vibrant? Aqua? Mint green? Pink? I've done a lot of white and off white so I'm up for painting this one something fun.
Also found this awesome knob, looks like an Anthropologie knob and I only paid $1! Have no clue what I'll do with it yet.
Then, at a different sale, I found some vintage scarf clips, button covers... I have plans for these (some will go into my shop) and others will be made into magnets.
Today, there was a yard sale across the street from my church. It held promise because it was in the courtyard of this pretty historic building. But, alas, while there were gorgeous items, they were priced at antique store prices  and not yard sale prices...a very expensive antique store I might add. Has anyone been to a yard sale that charged $200 for a plate? $1,200 for a set of dishes? Seriously.

6 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Love that knob..can't wait to see what you attach it to! Those clips will be great magnets!!! Think about black for the frame with the original color showing through after distressing. I did one similar to that and loved the results. Plus a black frame on a light-colored wall really pops! You made some great finds!!!

Unknown said...

Only in the uber rich neighborhoods then I laugh and walk away to go spend my money elsewhere. Good finds though.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love that mirror!

Revi said...

Oooh, that mirror is FAB!!! In my current white-loving mode, I wouldn't paint it. But, it would be amazing in a rich turquoise, which is a perennial classic for hand carved items. Love it!
-Revi

Jamie said...

how/where do you find this stuff???!!! fabulous! and i am painting everything i can get my hands on purple lately so you can't ask me for a reasonable color suggestion :)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

What a bargain for that knob! It's great looking. I do the same thing at garage sales. Buy then decide what to do with it.