Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What is it About White?

I'm in love with all shades of white. I've always loved the look...ever since I saw Dr. Zhivago and that ice covered house (above) in the movie. As a result, I use a lot of white and off-white paint (insider's tip: keep your money in Rustoleum's Heirloom White).

Remember that mirror I showed you all? 

Well, I asked your opinion and most of you said to paint it the off white, so here she is in all her chalk paint "Olde White" glory. Love it!

While I had the chalk paint out, I decided to paint some more things…a small mirror.
And…then, this little jewelry box that definitely needed some TLC. After I painted it, I distressed it a bit and added this pretty vintage cameo to the top. Of course, the inside looked pretty bad, so I decoupaged some scrap paper to the insides with Mod Podge. Just what it needed!
I had another little box that cried out for some chalk paint, so after painting it, I added a little wood embellishment and used some ink to liven it up a bit…again, I decoupaged the inside lid and added velvet paper (you can get this at Joanne fabrics) to the inside bottom. 
These will go into my shop and to a craft show that I just decided to participate in.
Oh, and by the way, I am participating in the 31 Days of Hope auction over at the DIY Club. Read about the auction here. More about what I'll be donating in another post...

 

 A Little Knick KnackLinking to: http://shadesofamberinc.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Tammy said...

What lovely pieces! I go back and forth between black and white! You did a fantastic job. I am your newest follower. Visiting you from Shades of Amber. Hope you can visit me sometime too:)

A Vintage Vine said...

I am a fan of white too! When all else fails I paint it white! Love the mirror!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

They are all beautiful now! I really love that pivoting mirror!!!

Tattered & Timeless said...

Wow it looks great. Now do share about your upcoming show.
tammy

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

looks great, renee! i also love that little mirror- awesome details!

Passionate for White said...

You don't have to sell me on white....I'm there with ya Sista! :)

Revi said...

Ditto for me. Blancophile all the way! Love your work, and wish you the best in sales!
-Revi

Sharon, aka Bootersmom03 said...

Love all your projects!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love it all!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Everything looks great. Nice added touches. These should fly.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

I have painted a lot of things white lately too :-). Your mirrors turned out great and I also love the sweet boxes.
Hugs,
Julia

Debra @ Common Ground said...

I need to see the movie again, it's been years and I totally don't remember this scene, but now I have to see it!! Love all your white, the mirror is perfect painted! xoxo

A Cottage Muse said...

Oh that first picture took my breath away!

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

nice job, you've been busy!! Love that little mirror!

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Beautiful! Thank you for linking! ♥

Mommyblogger said...

Love that mirror :)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I'm going through a white period myself. I just think it makes things look so fresh and crisp.

I really like that beefy frame of the mirror. But with the details, it still looks delicate.

Meg said...

So beautiful. I Love the chalk paint, it works in so many ways!