Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween Has Arrived...In a Big Way

Watch out! Halloween has arrived at my house...I am always inspired because every year I host my book club for our Halloween discussion. Everyone is required to dress up like a character from a book we've read that year. I decorate and also love to create some ghoulish treats for the "event." Above, I use caldrons to serve my food and in the background (just for effect) are test tubes filled with "blood." The test tubes are really old spice containers.
My family room is the most decorated every year and I grabbed most of my ideas from a party I attended some years ago. First, you'll see my house and then some pictures of the party (way over the top and beyond my budgetary and time constraints, but you'll enjoy the tour).
My buffet:

My fireplace, which looks very eery when lit up with candles at night (you'll see a similar picture from the "party" house tour below).
Now, here is the partyhouse...every square inch of the home...inside and out was decorated by a very creative and enthusiastic local interior designer. There are a lot of photos, but you WON'T be disappointed. 

First, guests received this invitation...it was based on the movie "Psycho."
Outside front yard:




Let's step inside, shall we? Front hall...That's "Mother" getting guests a key.

Now for some random inisde scenes before we step out to the back porch and back yard:







Now to the back porch and backyard....


Bar and cold drinks housed in a coffin...


The view to the water...notice the ghost on the pier...
Visit thecsiproject.comSo, I told you, you would love it! Use these ideas to go all out or just grab a few of them like I did.
 A Little Knick Knack
The DIY Show Off

14 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Renee,
What a fun post! I loved seeing all the very clever Halloween decorations. The tour house was very cool but I have to say, my favorite decoration was your spice container "test tubes". I love that idea!! I have something similar storing buttons right now but I'm going to steal this idea....thx!!
Jane

Cassie Bustamante said...

AWESOME!!!!! i love the look of it! the test tubes are my fave!

Andi said...

WOW!! When was the party? And I agree...test tubes are super cool!! And ms bates waiting at the door was so creepy!!

Shannon Fox said...

WOW! Your house would scare the stuffing out of me! Looks great though! That ghost on the pier is eerie... Happy Halloween.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Very fun post...I mean SCARY! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs! ♥

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Such creepy fun decorations!!! Love the black gauzy material draped over the candlesticks...very unique!!!

Swedie said...

wonderfully creepy, fun ideas! Wish I could be there!

Noreen
www.craftlinky.com

Coley said...

OMYGOSH your halloween decor is AMAZING! Seriously, such clever and fun ideas!! LOVE IT!

Christina said...

Oh my goodness, I am in total awe of your Halloween decor!!!

I love the little test tubes of blood (that's totally something I could do!) But, my goodness, the coffin bar - that is to die for!

Take care,
Christina
designingbynumbers.blogspot.com

Willow said...

My fiance loves your skull decorations! Thanks for the great party post!

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh my gosh, your house is SCARY! I got chills just going through the pics (can you tell I'm a big wimp). Those are some crazy great decorations! Book club must be awesome at your house. :)

Mad Madam Mel said...

fab spooky decor, heehee :)
Sorry it is taking me so long to get round all the parties,
why not hop over for a spooky tale at my place :
http://madame-mels.blogspot.com/2011/10/tale-of-curiosity.html
the more the merrier :)

Lisa said...

Wowwy zowy what great pictures. I especially loved the shower scene! Hope you can stop by my enchanted oven for party sweets.
Lisa

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

WOW!! What great Halloween decorations!! Sharing this at the party tonight~ thanks for sharing at FNF :)