Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Tabletop and "Eyeball" Recipe

So, we had a great time at book club the other night and I thought I would share my tablescape with you and some of the treats I served! The pics aren't that great...had to use a flash as it was held in my basement. My friend Mary brought a mulled wine called Witches Brew that she bought from a Michigan vineyard...it was good!! Maybe too good.
Here's a close up of the eyeballs I made...marinated mozzarella balls with sliced green olives! Easy peasy...well, a little tedious.

Here's the recipe:
Marinate these ingredients overnight:
pound cherry-sized fresh mozzarella balls
1/3 cup olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon course ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 sprinkle of crushed red pepper
1 tsp of Italian seasoning
Then, add the 10-12 pimiento-stuffed green olives, cut in half.
Tip: carve a little hole or slice the top to make a flat spot on top of the mozzarella ball so that the olive slice has a place to sit otherwise it will slide right off...trust me
 Drizzle remaining marinade over mozzarella balls, and serve.
HAPPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!


 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun Fun Fun!!! Your table looks great. Happy Halloween :)