Monday, September 6, 2010

Covered in Paint and Glue

It's so beautiful in Annapolis...no humidity and in the high 70s...perfect for painting! And that's exactly what I've been doing. We did have a relaxing Saturday and then I got to work and even put my husband to work! I'm in the process of getting all my spray painting done while it's nice. Then I can bring everything in during the winter to distress, glaze or whatever.

I've also been very busy creating little vintage jewelry magnets...tedious work with tweezers, sparkling little rhinestones and super glue. I have a stash of broken jewels--some with missing stones-- and then I hunt through my plethora of vintage rhinestones (which I've had for over 27 years. Sometimes, I'm glad I'm a pack-rat)!

Here's a sample of some of them...aren't they pretty? I'm sticking these magnets everywhere...on my metal lamps, fridge, and oh, yes, in my shop. It's my new obsession and much easier to store than furniture (which I'm still trying to sell)!

Well, I'm working (if you call this work) on Labor Day, so I better get back at it.
Have a great day!

No comments: