Friday, September 3, 2010

Show off!

Since I have way too much to do today...deadlines loom...I decided to post another one of my resin frame/vintage jewelry re-dos. I took an ornate and ugly vintage resin frame and spray painted with my favorite color: Rust-oleum Heirloom White.
I then chose this gorgeous vintage rose cameo that was from my broken stash of jewelry and wanted to highlight it -- show it off!


So, I selected a gorgeous piece of paper with the same shade of blue as the cameo and glued it to the back of the board that came with the frame.
I then took a plain wood oval, spray painted that to match the frame and secured it to the board and with my trusty Gorilla Glue, I added the cameo...ta da!




Oh, by the way, my favorite sister (she's my only sis) featured me on her blog this week! Thanks Stacie! Click here to see my 15 minutes of fame! http://staciejewelry.blogspot.com/2010/09/artist-of-week-renee-zemanski.html and while you're there you can sign up to follow her blog, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Renee! I wanted to let you know that I have featured this post as a "Bookmarked on the Boardwalk" feature. Feel free to stop by, take a look at your project as well as the others, and grab a button!

Congrats on a fabulous project!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Beautiful... love the frame, the paper and the perfect and artistic display of a special piece of jewelry! Thanks for sharing!