Sunday, September 26, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend; Let Me Catch my Breath




Only got to one project this weekend (read below to find out why). However, I did finish it! I had this old antique frame sitting in my garage for quite a while. I painted it a great shade of turquoise, but still couldn't figure out what to do with it. After seeing a few bulletin boards at flea markets this weekend, I finally figured it out! Why not make a shabby chic bulletin board? I love the result. Now, I've got to find an empty wall...not easy in this house!


On to the reasons why I didn't get much done this weekend ... my wonderful mother and father-law and two of Greg's brothers came down this Friday. We celebrated Kellen's 10th birthday with yummy crabs! Saturday was crazy. Got up; went to some yard and estate sales (didn't find much) and then went on to the Annapolis Home & Garden Show for my part-time job (I'm Home & Garden Editor for a local magazine). As soon as I got home, we packed the car and headed to Philadelphia to watch my nephew play soccer against the Philadelphia Union team. He plays professional soccer for Chivas USA. Unfortunately, Ben didn't get to play (the first time he wasn't put in the game). They lost (and we think they could of won if Ben was in the game, but hey, what do you think?). 

Despite the loss, we all joined Ben after the game at a great Philadelphia pizza place. It was kind of surreal because as we sat at the table, the waiters and busboys were asking Ben for his autograph. It was so cool! 
Packed up the car and drove back to Annapolis (got home about 1 AM) and woke up early next morning to Kellen's sleepover friends. After breakfast, we scurried over to a nearby restaurant to watch the Steelers beat the TB Buccaneers (Yea!) and then bid our farewells to our house guests.

Other good news...I won some sweet Sugar Scrubs AND a Green Tea Lemongrass soap from Carmen at Beyond the Fringe Crafts in her giveaway! In case you haven't discovered Carmen and her blog, please visit it to see what this amazingly talented woman can do! Her cards are incredible and I expect that her soaps will be just as wonderful. Can't wait to try them!! Thanks Carmen.


I'm linking this to:
Visit thecsiproject.com



7 comments:

Carmen said...

Wow! Thanks Renee!! Don't forget to send me your sugar scrub preference, and your address! I hope to get these off to you Monday or Tuesday!

Love that turquoise color paint! It'll make a great bulletin board!

stacie said...

Sounds like a fun & busy weekend! I love how the frame turned out.

Carmen said...

Got it Renee! Thanks! I'll send them off today.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Renze! Thanks so much for the visit today (and the follow). :) LOVE the lines (and, of course, the color) of your bulletin board frame. Lovely! :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks great, renee! you know i love that color! and no, you may not have emmy's dresser because she will never grow up and always be my little girl. :)

Cristie said...

The frame looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Janet said...

Great job on your frame. The color looks nice!