Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fitness Boot Camp Day 2 - A Piece of Cake: Dream On!

Okay. I made it through day two of fitness boot camp, an early morning fitness program fundraiser for a little boy at my school who has cancer. Day one (Zumba) was great. Beside the fact that I traveled left when the instructor said "right" and that my belly dancing looked like I was having a seizure, I felt pretty good. Today was another story.

"Pilates," I thought. "how hard can that be?" Uh, I found out that I have no core muscles -- seriously, I couldn't do anything -- and that was just the warm up class. Not only am I the most uncoordinated person in the class, I am the least flexible. Those of you who know me, don't let my petite build fool you, I am out of shape! This boot camp is a month long. I'm aiming for keeping my legs straight and doing a real sit-up.

PS. Doing wood block collage in my spare time...since I now get up at 5:15 AM, I find I have some! Imagine that.

2 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

zumba is SO fun! pilates and i don't mix ever since i had kids. i could handle it before, bot now? glad you are surviving!

Carmen said...

Wow Renze! I'm impressed! I used to do some belly dancing for exercise...and, well....I hurt myself. Regretted not keeping it up though!